Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:46:42 EST
I recently purchased a Power Up 1GB MP3/WMA Player and USB Drive. I have
used it to transfer data between 4 different computers of different makes with
no problems, however,
when connecting it to my brothers computer (which I built) the drive isn't
recognized and the display on the drive doesn't light up as it usually does. I
know the computers usb ports are functional because both a mouse and a
scanner  opperate on them.

The site where I bought the drive claimed it was 2.0 but the box it came in
claimed 1.0 and though the Soyo motherboard specs (SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2)
say the ports are 2.0. I was under the impression this was backward
compatible.

Do any of you have any ideas of what else I can check or try or will I have
to accept this as a case of incompatible hardware?

Many thanks,
-Phil-

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com