Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:22:33 EST
And the results of my latest try are...
 I used my brothers high speed connection to re-download  the display driver
from the Compaq site.

_http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=20&lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&pro
duct=93700&dlc=en_
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=20&lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=93700&dlc=en)

I then copied it to a cd. I put it in the 98se machine went to my computer/
E drive, right- clicked it and clicked explore. The file was there (an
executable) so I double clicked it and an installation process started. part-way
through, I once again got the following message:

LaunchApp Error
The system cannot find the file specified
c:\windows\command.com/c  c:\windows\temp\pkunzip -o -d

c:\windows\temp\151704.zip c:\

and also this one (same type LaunchApp Error window)

c:\windows\command.com/c  c:\cpqdrv\intel  810\Graphics\setup.exe-nodiag
overwrite-16x800x600x75-s

Make any sense to you guys (and/or gals)?

If there is a zip file included, does 98se have a zip program to open it? I
couldn't find one.
And the "command.com" kind of threw me since I always associated ".com"  with
an internet connection.

Although I can't really afford it at the moment, If I can't resolve this
soon I'm thinking of getting a mobo/processor bundle on sale this week at
tigerdirect. And since its a compaq, I guess I'll have to add a power  supply!?

Thanx,
 -Phil-

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com