Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:31:18 -0700
>Keith > Jim, What were the exercises? What weights did you lift? How many reps?

Thanks to David for some lee-way on this.  Let me start with a Day 11
update before I get to exercise.

End of Day 11

Brief update.  Calories have not come up.  Averaging now an unbelievable
1350 calories per day.  Average protein intake 95 grams per day,
perfectly within my 76-108 range.  Initial weight loss was 4.6 pounds
in three days.  I now know that was mostly water.  Losing about one
third of a pound per day now.  Down to 149.5 from 156.0.

Suprisingly, workout yesterday was fantastic, even *euphoric* post
workout. Like Robert has said here, I'm expecting a fall off due to my
lack on interest in calories in the form of fat.  But quite the
opposite has happened so far.  Perhaps my body is burning stored fat
preferentially and will demand a greater fat intake as that stored
energy gets to a certain level.  To be continued.

Now exercise. I have to start with this.  I primarily use machines over
free weights.  Properly designed machines are superior, among other
reasons, because they allow variable resistance and full range
movement.  Also they're safer for those of us who don't have training
partners.  (Imagine the danger of a solo single bench press set to
exhaustion).

So if I was to give you the weights that I use on those machines, you'll
have nothing to compare them to.  I will give you this.  Go try this
single set pullup using only your bodyweight: Starting in the top
position, lower yourself for 10 seconds.  Then pull back up to original
position, again counting to 10.  Repeat until you've completed five and
half reps (six negative movements, five positive).  That might give you
a guage of my condition.  I also use only body weight for dips and am
doing the same super slow protocol (10 secs up/10 down) for about the
same number of reps right now.  I breathe like a freight train after
completing my workout.

Hope this helps.

Jim