ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Grant E. Metcalf" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:07:02 -0800
Here's an excerpt from the Theology I am scanning on the question posed
earlier about women teaching men.

(Quoted from Chafer's Systematic Theology, Volume 7, pp. 182-83)

                              HEADSHIP

      As the human head governs the body to which it belongs, so
authority is vested in the headship relation wherever it exists.

      5. Man is head over the woman (1 Cor. 11:3; Eph. 5:23).
Exceptions due to personalities and unusual situations make this
a difficult phase in the doctrine of headship. Nevertheless, by
divine arrangement the man is set over the woman in authority and
conditions are never happy when this divine order has been
ignored. The woman is not made with ability to exercise authority
and often becomes eccentric or out of balance.
=end of quote=

I also have "The Roll of Women in the Church" by Charles C. Ryrie if
anyone is particularly interested.  Chapter 8 specificly addresses this
same issue.

Grant
Listening for His shout! - First Thessalonians 4:16

Visit the Home Page of Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Incorporated at
http://thegems.shellworld.net