ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:34:27 -0700
We were members, years ago, of a large Baptist church of nearly 2,000
people.  Sandy sang in the choir and sang solos once and awhile.  She and a
lady next to her, got up one Sunday, after the choir number, and tip toed
out to go to another service.  I think it was a children's service.  They
walked down a hall way behind the platform and opened a door to walk down a
long set of steps.  Sandy missed a step and jet skied the rest of the way
down to the floor.  Her Braille volume of the Bible she was carrying to show
to the kids went flying ahead of her and went it got to the bottom, I could
hear the bang as it collided with a metal folding chair.  I was seated out
in the auditorium, too.  I wondered what the noise was all about and so did
a lot of others when the woman, still at the top of the stairs, yelled at
the top of her lungs, "Sandy!"  A couple of assistant pastors came running
off the platform and into the side room where Sandy was on the floor.  She
was laughing her head off and these guys were wanting to call an ambulance
but Sandy said no.  They wanted to pick her up and carry her over to an
office but she refused that, too.  I can't recall all the details but she
wasn't hurt much and maybe she will fill in the details later.

Phil.

Jesus Is Your Only Problem.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com