ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:56:39 -0700
Karen,

Another thing to consider is that, if your faith is grounded deep in christ,
you might be better able to witness if you examine their philosophies and
religions.  Have you ever listened to the Bible Answer Man radio program?  I
heard someone talking about how, if you are familiar with cults like
Mormonism and Jehova's Witness, you can say to them, "I've read some of your
material, and I find something there that bothers me.  What about this
inconsistency?"  When you do that, it pushes their button to try to "teach"
you.  When they can't find the answer, they can become flustered, then maybe
realize that something is terribly wrong with their beliefs.

Sharon