ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:59:24 -0800
I don't think bingo will be in heaven, but then we will have no need to
raise funds for buildings, school books Etc.  If everyone paid their tithes
as they should there would probably be no need for bingo.  I think the
reason we have bingo in our churches is because the only way many would give
to the church is to play some sort of game to do so.  What we should do is
to deny services to church members or even membership to those who won't pay
their tithes as do the Jews.  I really don't mean this but here is an
example of a faith who doesn't need to raise money for it's many  yeshivas.
They have dues all who belong to a temple or synagogue
must pay.  if you are a Jew and don't belong to a temple or synagogue you
have a hard time getting a Jewish funeral.  I have an old friend who had
some differences with his rabbi some years ago and refuses to pay temple
dues.  He is concerned because he is in his late 70's and wants to be given
a religious burial.  I guess he is going to have to bite the bullet and
begin paying his annual temple dues.----- Original Message -----