ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 13:18:52 -0500
Hi Guys,
        My Christmas present arrived today and I'm just so excited that I
had to share.  Greg bought the entire dramatized series of the
Chronicles of Narnia, done by Focus on the Family for me for
Christmas.  This is my absolutely favorite series of books.  I
already have them labeled and everything.  Tomorrow, we are taking
the family, all but Chris to the movie, "The Lion The Witch and the
Wardrobe."  I'll let you know how it goes.  I've heard that Disney
stays true to the text, a rare claim for Disney, I know,  but I'll be
very observant on that point.
        This series is very special to me.  While I was in college, some of
my friends discovered that I had not yet read the books so they
formed a special reading group solely devoted to reading me the whole
series.  It was so sweet.  We would meet once a week.  At first, they
tried taking parts, but that got a bit confusing so each person took
a chapter.  Greg was one of the readers and, well, you know where
that ended up.
        Now, we're beginning to read the books to Caleb.  This must be about
our seventh or eighth reading through of ;the series.  That's easy to
do when you have four kids and some of them fall in love with the
series as well.
Oh well,
I'm off!
Narnia and the North!