ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:36:27 -0500
Phil,
         The most interesting part of all of this for me is dealing
with the kids who would have been happy to have what Chris had
growing up and then, having to try to find ways to reach out to Chris
who has rejected it all.  It is fascinating to me that the Lord is
showing me both sides of the coin at once.
         You may find it interesting too to learn that the deacon
that I mentioned has really come alive since reading Rick Warren's
"The purpose Driven Life."  I'm not touting the book or
anything.  I'm just saying that he is one of those people that the
message clicked for.  God reaches everybody in a unique way and now,
maybe a bunch of kids will benefit from Dan's getting serious about
his walk with the Lord.
         This past month was Pastor Appreciation month.  Lot's of
churches celebrate it. If you listen to much Christian radio, like
Dobson and the like, you'll know what I"m talking about.  If you
don't, that's okay too.   Anyway, a lot of members of our church sent
cards to us this past month telling about how much they have grown
spiritually from the ministry here.  It's all Jesus, believe me.  One
woman told me that before, she just had no idea that it was possible
to grow in your faith or actually make Christianity a real part of
her life.  How sad, but she now heads up our dinner at the homeless
shelter once a month and, if they don't have enough food, the shelter
knows that they can call Elaine and she'll get something going.
         It is so exciting to see people actually start walking the
walk instead of just filling the pew.  God is just so amazing!

I'm glad that you guys liked hearing about, yet another adventure from Maine!
God bless,
Kathy