ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:06:26 -0600
Geez Rhonda. Is that all you have to deal with? hahaha. Although one sits
back and looks at all those items, one can't help but think how much
stronger one is and you indeed did, or are in the process of dealing with
it with God's help. Looking at it from that standpoint that can really give
one a sense of security and peace knowing God is indeed there to carry you
through. Years ago I wrote a song based on the poem entitled "Footprints".
It was called "The Robe", I eventually  re-wrote it and it came out as
"Sands of Time" The lyrics are..

Sands Of Time

Verse I:
Daydreaming, walking in the sea breeze
Reminiscing life on the sand as I played each scene
Then I noticed walking along side me
Was Jesus Christ, wo is me

Verse II:
Humbly I asked "Where did you come from"?
He said "I've been here all a long"
I said "How could… how could… how could that be"?
He turned to me and looked, and said "Son what do you mean"?
And I said…

Chorus:
Looking back now at the sands of time
One can clearly see the one print is mine
In the times of life I'm not doing fine
Where did you go? Where did you go? Where did you go?

Verse III:
With a tear in his eye he said "Son you're looking cold".
"I've offered before, but why don't you take my robe,
And as we walk I'll tell you what I've done,
You'll see a new light when you look at those prints of one".
And he said…

Chorus:
Looking back now at the sands of time
Be assured those prints you see are mine
In the times of life you're not doing fine
They carried you, they carried you,
I carried you… ah-huh

Verse IV:
I turned back to look but again I didn't see him
But I was sure not to make that same mistake again
I'm no longer, no longer cold
Still on me, still on me is his robe… is his robe

Chorus:
Looking back now at the sands of time
Be assured those prints aren't yours or mine
In the times of life you're not doing fine
He carries you, he carries you, he carries you

Tag:
Walking through your sands of time
He carries you

©2000 Brad Dunse

We sure can see when he carries us in life as we look back at our memories
of tough times.