From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:43:12 -0400
OK all, I fixed the problem with my echolink link, seems the settings that
worked with my old router for the old link I had up a couple years ago don't
work with the new one so I had to force it. I hate knowing how to work with
computers  lol, makes me work 10 times as hard knowing I should know why,
but anyway, it's working now. I'll have it on the big antenna all day
Wednesday likely if anyone wants to really play, and I think tonight from
around 9 PM so we'll see how much use it will get. Now it's just for testing
and on the indoor antenna in the attic and the coverage will be minimal most
of the time in the day since I need the usual radio I talk on on the big
antenna. I'll put another big one up in the fall, I just don't have the
money to make the change now with vacation coming up and all. 73, have fun,
and remember if you must use echolink, an RF link is the best way.
John Miller N1UMJ
AIM and yahoo messenger: N1UMJ
home page:
http://home.comcast.net/~n1umj/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html