From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:38:55 -0500
Don,

All menu numbers and values are spoken.  However, the menu name is
not, so you'll either have to remember what they are, or come up with
a cheat sheet.  Fortunately, this information is in the manual, and
I've made my own cheat sheet, so if you get the radio and want it, I
can send it to you.  Two other helpful features are the quick menu
and the A/B toggle, which lets you store two different sets of menu
settings.  I would have liked to see more groups of settings, but two
is better than one.

In addition to the spoken items in the menu, other items such as Mic
gain, Vox delay and gain, power level, processor level, and PL
encode/decode are spoken.  The mode (USB, LSB, CW, etc.) is a CW
announcement.  As far as I know, the 480 is the most accessible radio
on the market today.

Steve