From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 22:31:29 -0700
Ok, i looked in the manual on
www.icanworkthisthing.com
and here is what it says under menu items
16 6 DTMF monitor on/off default is off
So, what you gotta do, is get to menu 16, press the right arrow 5 times to
get to sub menu 6, and press the set  button, or the button that is on the
far right hand side of the group of four buttons between the VFO and VHF
band select knob.
If you don't know this already, when in menu mode, the middle two buttons of
that four button group are the left and right arrows...bet you can't guess
which one is which?
Anyway, you press the right arrow five times, press the set button, then
press it again and see if you hear your tones when you transmit...if it
doesn't work, try pressing the right arrow 6 times to get to the right item.
By the way, menu 16 1 is the one to turn mike control on and off, so if for
some reason your mike control gets turned off, just go into the menus and
get to menu 16 and press the right arrow once and then the set button and
the mike control should come back on.
73
Colin, V A6BKX