From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 08:42:18 -0500
Hi Bob,

Your question is not off topic, it is radio related and after all, you could
be attempting to run echoLink on that bad 2.4 gh link.

From what you have said, I suspect that you have turned on either WEP or WPA
security to protect your network.  If you have enabled security, some rf
adapters do not do a good job of logging in to a secure network.  The first
thing that I would try is turning off security all together to see if that
solves the problem.  If that doesn't work, I would try another rf card in
the computer giving you trouble.

I should mention one more thing.  I just replaced a DLink DI624 router
because I had to reboot my router about once a week so that my laptop would
connect reliably, of course, I do have security enabled cause I live across
the street from a school.
73
Bob, [log in to unmask] K8LR
Skype-name, bobtinn
If you choose to look at the bright side,
You will definitely be happier!