From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:43:41 -0500
Hi Tom.

I presume that you are trying to copy multiple folders.  This is one time
when you are far better off to use My Computer rather than Windows Explorer
to do your copying.

1.  Open up My Computer, select the drive you want to copy from, and press
ENTER to open the drive.

2.  Make sure you have your View settings set for either List or
Detail.  You can set this by pressing ALT+V to open the View menu, and then
hit L for List or D for Detail.

3.  Navigate with your arrow keys to the first folder that you want to
copy.  Navigating to it will select it.

3.  Now use CTRL+DOWN ARROW to navigate to the second folder that you want
to copy, and when you get to it, press your SPACE BAR.

4.  Repeat step 3 as many times as you need to to select all of the folders
that you want.  If you select the wrong one by accident, you can use
CTRL+SPACE BAR to unselect it.

5.  When you have all the folders selected that you want, you can press
CTRL+C to copy them to the clipboard.  You can tell which folders you've
selected by pressing INSERT+SHIFT+NUM PAD 2 (or INSERT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW if
you prefer).

6.  Now, press the BACKSPACE to back out of your drive that you are copying
from, and use your arrow keys to navigate to your flash drive, and press
ENTER to open it.

7.  Press CTRL+V to paste, and sit back and let it run.

This procedure will get the folders, along with any child folders contained
within and any files contained in the folders.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 09:00 PM 1/26/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, all.
>
>Forgive the "off topic" posting here, but I have a rather immediate problem
>that I'm trying to solve.
>
>How do you select folders from your hard drive to be copied onto another
>source, which, in this case, is a flash drive?  I am using Jaws 5.0 with
>Windows XP Pro.  I know that individual items can be selected using the
>"shift" key, but I don't know how to check exactly what folders have been
>selected.  Once I select the folders I want to copy, I would think I'd be
>able to copy and paste them right onto the flash drive.
>
>It's been a while since I've done something like this, and my memory isn't
>co-operating tonight.  HI!  HI!
>Thanks for taking this "off topic" inquiry.
>
>Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]