From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:02:38 -0500
        I am looking for a no-nonsense 2-meter hand held in the spirit
of the IC2AT but a little more modern.

        Has anybody run across one that uses a BNC antenna connector,
has a RS-232 serial port for computer connection and can generate and
decode the PL tones?

        I bought a Uniden BC780 almost 3 years ago and can
successfully access it from my Linux system because the protocol for
serial communications has been published and is freely available.

        I would like to have the same capabilities so that I can read
the display and not play guessing games as to what just happened, etc.

        If this sounds like a transceiver that is out there, I would
like to know the name.

        Thanks for any good ideas.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group