EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Penny Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:49:27 -0500
Dick says...
I think that in many ways, text only is a cop out. I think it serves as an
excuse for not doing what should be done and that is to ensure that
universal design is considered as the option of choice.

We need to make certain that accessibility keeps up with emerging
technologies and not look for ways to MAKE DO.

Just my opinion.

Dick
-- -- -- -- --

I couldn't agree with you more Dick.  I just have to get this through to the
powers that be who spent thousands of dollars having a company design the
college's web site only to have me tell them over and over again to have
them redesigned due to accessibility issues.  Which they did.  I'm really
not certain exactly how accessible or inaccessible our site is.  When you
run the homepage through Bobby you come up with about 149 errors but most of
them aren't really errors.  I'm not a Web designer and I will never pretend
to be.  Students using Jaws are able to navigate, but, I'm wondering if it
would be easier for them to navigate using this transcoder.  Especially when
you consider the differing abilities of the users and how savvy they are
with their adaptive technologies.

Penny