ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:07:49 -0600
April,

Good to hear from you. We were concerned and praying for you. Glad your
stuff is beginning to be replaced and despite the need to be in the
hospital, you and your pup, as anyone who meets you, find you a dear
person. Welcome back and we'll be praying for continued restoration all 'round.

Brad

At 09:36 PM 11/17/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sept. 26, I think, anyway it was a Monday, I had a horrible apartment
>fire.  Flurrie and I got out just fine but there was extensive property loss
>including my computer equipment, bedding, and much furniture.  I was
>supposed to go to Jen's shower and couldn't because I was receiving
>donations and getting people to help me salvage what I could.  I felt ill
>that week end and returned to work anyway on Tuesdaywith chills and fever.
>That night I went to the emergency room with high fever and they kept me.  I
>had a raging infection through my bloodstream and on Monday, October 11, my
>middle toe on my right foot was removed because of Osteo Melitus.  I spent a
>couple of weeks in a nursing home and now am back in my new apartment.  Each
>day God provides something new for me.  Today it was my computer.  I thought
>for sure that since the state had gotten me a computer, that was it, but
>they saw the fire report and now I have a computer again.  My brandnew
>freezer had been delivered the day of the fire and it, too was trashed along
>with lots and lots of dishes and Tupperware treasures and stuff, but today
>the new freezer was delivered and I had no fire.  God is good.
>
>I am making a fashion statement for sure.  My right shoe is built so that
>there will be little to no weight bearing on the right toes and I rock when
>I walk.  LOL.  In physical therapy in the nursing home, they did all they
>could to foil my balance and see if I could get up when I fell and stuff.
>They only worked with me for a week saying I could do everything they had
>for me to do.  I even fixed the boss's computer because I wouldn't play cd's
>for her.  She thought she didn't have a sound card, so I found it for me.
>Miss Flurrie was the queen deluxe.  They gave me a really hard time about
>her being in the hospital with me because I have an MRSA, (Stapf infection),
>but they loved her to pieces in the "facilty", as I call it.  She would go
>from room to room visiting the residents by herself.  Hahaha.  Too much to
>tell in one note, but God enabl3ed me to speak up for Him in the midst of my
>own trials and it was sweet to see God's love flow through me to other
>people there.  Some of the nurses cried when I left, but I hope we'll keep
>in touch.
>
>I have a goal.  The lady next to me said to one of m helpers, "Well, she's
>blind and livng over there by herself, and she'll just do this all over
>again."  It hurt.  But I"m going to invite her to dinner in a few weeks.
>She needs friends. I hear she is very lonely.  And besides,  she has a
>dachshound.  *Smile*
>
>Love you all,
>
>April

Brad

   FREE  & Talking Classifieds available at:
HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Connecting people's goods  with the good people of NW Wisconsin and
Greater Twin Cities!