ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:54:10 -0500
Good points Phil. As I read I was picturing the fiery darts hitting the
shield, and yes, deceptive doctrines try to tell us that if we have enough
faith, there will be no fiery darts. Of course looking at our forefathers
in faith we can see that isn't true. Paul stoned, lashed, beaten, Stephen
stoned to death at the approval of Paul no less before his conversion.
Peter imprisoned, John's head removed. One could go on and on with example
after example of fiery darts being thrust at those who even dwelled with
Jesus. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe he said. .
Certainly Peter, Paul, Stephen, John and all our forefathers of faith
indeed had plenty of faith to go around, yet they did seem to draw
attention as targets of those darts. So not only does having faith not stop
the darts from being tossed in the first place. It doesn't stop the darts
from denting, charring, or shaking the shield. In other words even though
we stand firm in our faith we may suffer a loss, a damage or hurt in life.
But we know that the shield is indeed dart-proof and we can stand assured
it will protect us from  damaging our spiritual relationship and salvation
. Standing firm in faith does not protect us from the hurt or grief we feel
from a divorce, a injured loved one, a loved one who passes on from natural
or violent circumstances, grief from any type of loss, or any kind of evil
or undesired event in life, but it does protect us from our assuredness
that we will be OK as Romans 8:28 says. Or as the scripture recently posted
stating that what can separate us from the love of God? Nothing.

I like the fruit analogy... good one. It was a peach hahaha.

Brad