From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:07:52 -0800
As with any installation that changes your operating system, you should
backup  any critical data files to another media (cd, floppy, flash
memory) and you should create a restore point (SP2 installation probably
creates a restore point, but better safe ...). Then just insert the CD
and install SP2. I do not recall persons having installation problems.
Initially there were some operational problems, but over time those seem
to have been taken care of by MS. In any event SP2 can be uninstalled
using the add/remove function.

After you install SP2 you need to go to Windows update since there have
been numerous critical updates and optional enhancements beyond SP2.

Tom Mayer

Lorraine wrote:
> I bought a SP2 CD. What should I do before downloading it. Are there any problems I should look for?
>   Thank you,
>    Lorraine

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml