From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 23:58:03 -0600
Some suggestions for you.

First of all, when you boot, go into the cmos set-up and check that
everything is correct to the best of your technical knowledge.  When you
installed the new motherboard, it  was set to its default settings, which
may not work well with what you have.

When you boot, use the slow POST (power-on self test) so that it does a
complete memory check.

There is a possiblity that the Windows installation disk is bad.  Look and
see if there are any scratches on it.

If you can borrow or scrounge another cd reader from another computer, try
that.

You installed an SLI motherboard?  I assume that you have the 24 pin power
connector for it and a PCI express power supply.  Make sure that you also
plugged in the four pin square connector.  These are far out suggestions,
but, just maybe, you forgot.

Also, when debugging a computer, disconnect all unnecessary components.
Just keep the motherboard/cpu/memory, the graphics card, the hard drive, and
the cd reader.  If you can get it to work, add one new component at a time.
(modem, floppy, etc)

HTH

Dean Kukral

Let us know how far the installation got before it went south.