From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:03:17 -0400
KATHY SCHRIEBER's post:-

<<<< Hi, I have a used Dell latitude cpx, running win xp-all of a sudden when you power it up it says "A device in the system modular baycan't be identified.  It may not be completely inserted or have some other problem. "  These are the choices I have 1. Press device in the bay completely, 2. Press escape, Press Power button to try and run device again"  I don't know what device it is referring to.  Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.>>>

Hi,

from the info given by you this appears to be a notebook and the " device in the system modular bay " seems to be an extra battery.

the following info has been taken from DELL SITE

<<< Q What is a modular bay battery?
A In some notebook systems Dell offers a battery that can be used in the optical drive media bay (DVD/CD drive bay). This enables the use of two batteries, potentially extending the available run time.    Top

Q If I install a modular bay battery, are my primary and modular bay batteries working at the same time to power my notebook computer?
A No, the modular bay battery is used first, then the system automatically switches to the primary battery. This is a deliberate design to allow the most amount of run time to remain in the primary battery in case the modular bay battery is removed and replaced with an optical drive

the dell site giving the above info is...

 http://tinyurl.com/fjqdl

HTH and good luck----Venkat

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>