From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:45:16 -0500
It's called a Windows Protection error, and it stops the boot to keep some bad thing from happening to the OS.  Did you add or change any hardware that might have caused this?  Among the things that can cause it is bad memory.  Did you add memory or change it in some way?  Tell us what you have done with or to this computer in the last day or two.

Vern Gohn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I hope I am sending this to the right place if not forgive me and I'll resend it.
>
>I am running windowsXP/Home/SP2.
>My PC has shut down several times and I get the following message:
>

>A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.
>

>Kernel data in page error:
>

>Check any new hardware or software is properly installed
>
> If new installation ask for any new windows update you might need.
>
>If problem continues disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software
>
>Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing .If you need safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer press F8 to select advanced
>
>Startup options and then select safe mode.
>

>Technical info:
>
>Stop: 0x000007A(0xc03E84c0,  0xc000000E, 0xFA13043A, 0x0244c860)
>

>PCIIDEX.sys-Address FA13043A base at FA12C000,
>
>Date Stamp 41107b4c
>

>Beginning dump of physical memory
>

> then the screen goes to Dos mode I guess (Black with Info and at the bottom it reads,"boot disk failure insert system disk and press enter").
>   When I do this it won't boot up I have to shut the computer down and then reboot by restarting the PC. ( Power Switch)
>
>Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?
>I hope I have made this clear enough so someone out there can understand it.
>I may have some of the letters in the Tech Info in the wrong case the screen changes before I get to double check it.
>
>Thanks for any help someone could give me on this.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.