Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 06:39:02 -0700
Mike > With your workout routine that you have described do you find it necessary to eat some carbohydrate?  If so, how much and what source?  I remember you discussing your experiment inspired by Phinney's research and how you were losing weight when eating no carbs. So, I assume that normally you eat some carbs.

Ooo, good timing on the question, Mike, as I've just begun round two of the same experiment based on Phinney's research http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/2

I normally eat carbs, yes, but not out of any belief that they are in any way necessary.

Anyway, Phinney shows that carbs are unnecessary but that you have to allow time for adaptation.  I believe it took me about a week last time to get back to prediet levels of performance.  First workout is today.  I'll try to update the list how it goes.  I have lost 3.2 pounds in three days so far too FWIW.

Jim