Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:21:32 -0700
Ashley Moran wrote:
> On Mar 09, 2006, at 5:21 pm, Don H wrote:
>
>> I've been experimenting with the Paleo diet off & on now for several
>> months  and noticed a tendency towards constipation. I eat a variety
>> of fruit but can't seem to find a Paleo food combination that helps
>> me stay as regular as when I eat high carbs .
>

> I react like Adam, who said it takes his body a few weeks to adjust if
> he changes his diet.  Rapidly increasing or decreasing the amount of
> fibre in my diet disturbs my bowels for a few days.  But I have to say
> before I ate paleo, I (fairly) often experienced painful constipation
> where I wouldn't go for several days.  That's completely stopped now.
> I eat what I want and let my intestines deal with it- they seem to
> know best.  If my stools are just looser or harder than normal I'm not
> too bothered.
>
> When you say constipation, exactly how constipated do you mean?  Is it
> just reduced frequency or do you feel like your body is struggling to
> pass stools?  Some people naturally only go every week or so.
>
> Ashley

Hi Ashley,
Wow...I'm old fashion and somewhat guarded about  discussing my bowel
functions...I'm still not convinced that the  'queen of England' sits on
the can and I have 'unshakable faith' the pope doesn't  :-\ ...
Seriously, On Paleo I sometimes don't go for several days and more often
then not the stools are hard 'golf ball size but feel like basketballs
when trying to passl!'
Don