From:
Mermaid Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:21:11 -0700
To all the mamas-to-be, congratulations, and thanks for bringing healthy babies to the world.  Midwife here, doiing home births for 20 years,water births as well... very ancient practices (duh, lol).
I believe  paleo is the way of eating that creates healthier pregnancies.  Obviously we are here today because of how we ate.  There are pregnancy related health conditions that can be avoided by eating this way...ie gestational diabetes and toxemia (both which are treated by upping consumption of protein).
As far as the fish oil...it is the only supplement I recommend to my mamas....I am just not sure if the amount you are taking may be too much...wish I knew the answer.  I would not recommend that much myself.  Not based on anything other than gut feelings.  I wish I could get everyone in my practice to eat the plaeo way....but alas...there are a bunch of vegetarians in the crowd!  I love them all!
Remember to eat frequently...helps keep blood glucose even...helps especially with nausea (for which, btw, I also recommend protein).  Snacking is a good way of getting all that.  Especially nuts.  Since you are wanting snacky foods, a nutty trail mix is a good way to take care of the desire of something crunchy and something sweet (put dried apples or apricots in it).  Hard boiled eggs is another quick snack.
If I can be of any help, just write.  Happy birthing!!  Keep us updated.
Love & Peace
Lillian
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Camille,
Congratulations!
One of my friends had a paleo pregnancy and childbirth. She had a
!painless! birth in a tub at home. She said it was so easy she 'could have
a million more'. The woman is 40 and her last birth was a caesarian in
which she almost died of a heart attack. Now she has decided to be a doula
and guide others through paleo home birthing.
Instead of fish oil, why not eat the whole fish?

Paleobest,
Susan

http://mail.yahoo.com