ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:09:28 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I'm feeling very useless right now.

Vernon is ready to finish the top for the loving island, and it is super
heavy. He needed to make sure he cut out the wholes in the right places, so
he wanted to fit it on the island before he added the edging and the
lamanent. I tried to lift it to help him, but it is too heavy for me.

Now, I'm certain that the top will fit the island, and that he cut the
wholes out in the right places, but when you are spending as much as
$200.00 for such a huge top, it is good to be sure first.

If he could have brought it in the kitchen to fit it first, he would know
whether his wholes matched up with the places for the sink and the stove
top. He will not ask for help carying it to the kitchen and fitting it on
the island. He has indicated to me that he is kind of upset with me,
because I can't help him lift it and carry it to the kitchen. I tried to
lift it, but my hands hurt, especially my left hand that I injured last
fall. I really feel bad about this.

The lamanent cost him $150.00 and the ply wood cost him about $50.00. If
things don't fit after he gets the lamanent on the top, and the wholes cut
out of the fermica, then well, let's just say that $200.00 went down the
drain, as he will have to rebuild the top.

Please pray for him for a change of heart, and that he will ask for help.
He has to fit it first, and then finish the top, and then put it on for
real. He will really need help putting the top on for real.

Please pray that when he puts on the fermica that the contact cement
doesn't stink too badly. He doesn't have any way to vent for air
circulation, so he will have to open a door or window, which is okay with
me. I'm really worried about this, as well.

I'm feeling very bad about all this, and I could certainly use your prayers
right now, and lovings and squeezings, as well.

Thanks much for praying.

Love,
Pat Ferguson