ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:35:19 -0700
It is hard not to be thankful today.  Three years ago this month, my 80 year
old mother passed away and a deer old friend of the family which most of you
have heard me talk about, Mr. Penny, likewise when home to be with the Lord.
He was 78 and our Sunday school teacher and probably the most Godly man I
have personally ever known.  I wonder what they are having in Heaven today
for their celebration.  I know a bunch of people who are there and I am very
envious they are personally dining with Jesus.  I was thinking last night,
and this morning, that I am thankful I am not afraid any longer.  Those who
have never experienced anxiety attacks or panic attacks cannot appreciate
how wonderful it feels not to be under perpetual fearfulness.  Depression is
something you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy.  I am also thankful for the
way out of depression that He offers through prayer that three and a half
years ago, I knew nothing about.  It is wonderful to be a Christian.  I'd
sing to you one of my favorite songs that starts out, Oh isn't it wonderful
to be a Christian, isn't it wonderful to be God's child, but if I did start
singing, I'm afraid the offerings would go down and we can't have that.
Hope everybody is praying Denver beats Dallas today.  That would be
something to be very thankful for but I have a feeling it may not turn out
the way I hope it does.  I am also thankful to be an American.  I am also
thankful today that I don't live around the Great Lakes or in the state of
main.  Chester has been up since early this morning talking to himself, and
to anybody who will listen, and whistling all sorts of short little tunes
trying to get someone to answer him.  He blows his nose, coughs, and
pretends he is sick, too, and then laughs about the whole thing.  He'll get
some turkey later today when we eat this evening.  This year, for the first
time, we are frying the turkey so I am interested to see how it tastes
compared to what we have always done in years passed.

Phil.

Victory Isn't Something You Have; It Is Who You Are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com