ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:11:32 -0600
Truth is what we believe for purposes of our reactions and beliefs, and
even our own selfish desires or motives but not necessarily the real truth.
For instance I can believe truth to be Buddha is the supreme god. If I'm
raised or taught in any viable way that the fact of Buddha being god is
indeed true, I will support, defend, protect it, I will conduct my life
according to what I believe to be true. However, that does not take away
the fact Buddha is not god at all but the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
is God. We can indeed believe in what we believe to be truth, yet it is a
lie. This is why it is such a miracle for people of other faiths to come to
Christ and basically come to a point of feeling they have betrayed their
beliefs, but once they have, they can see the real truth. same goes for our
behavior in life, believing lies  imposed or implanted in us which cause us
to do or think things God would not have us do or believe.

Brad

At 06:35 PM 11/18/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Is the following statement true?  If so, why?  If not, why?
>
>The truth is what you believe.
>
>Phil.
>

>Victory Isn't Something You Have; It Is Who You Are.
>www.SafePlaceFellowship.com

Brad

   Having an auction, garage sale or need to sell just one item? Save $$
and post it for FREE at:
  HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Serving Northwestern Wisconsin and the Greater Twin Cities area!