ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:45:23 -0600
Julie,

You are exactly right. It was in a Jefferson letter, not the
constitution,  and it was referring to not one denomination being  the king
pin but rather all denominations of Christian nature are viable. That was
one of the major points. It was meant that government would not rule the
church but the church would indeed have impact on the government. After
all, the Bibles given to kids in classrooms expressly listed them as
property of Congress of The United States. Does that sound like a
government that doesn't want kids to pray in school? A judge in recent
years stated that our forefathers didn't know what they really wanted back
then, and so disregarded the books as evidence to support church's
affect  on government and in schools. They are now trying to get
legislation to remove all the Christian scriptures and engravings from
Federal buildings. Does that sound like a government birthed not knowing
what they wanted? It is indeed tough to watch these things happen, and we
as individuals have so many individual fires to fight on a daily basis,
that we could never handle all that needs handling. And they bank on that
too so it is easier to push agendas through.

Brad

At 09:25 AM 11/9/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Amen, Vinny.
>
>What frustrates me is that the phraise "Separation of church and state"
>isn't even in the consitution.  It was in a letter written by Thomas
>Jefferson.  tHough I haven't read the letter, my understanding is that it
>was taken totally out of context.
>
>The first amendment of the Constitution mearly outlaws establishing a state
>religion.  It's not freedom FROM religion, it's freedom OF religion.   We
>need to stand for correct interpretation of the Constitution and for our
>rights as Christians.
>
>Ok, now that I've ranted I feel a little better.
>

>JulieMelton
>visit me at
>www.heart-and-music.com
>Keep smiling!
>

> >From: Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >Subject: I'm sure God was deeply impressed.
> >Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:09:41 -0700
> >
> >Hi,
> >Well God, and who he is and was in the United States was defeated again at
> >the poles in Pennsylvania.  They kicked out a school board which wanted to
> >promote the teaching intelligent design.  In Canada they haled it is a
> >victory for the separation of Church and state.  As I said before.  I'm
> >sure
> >God was deeply impressed.
> >     I guess if anyone should have a rejection complex, it should be God.
> >It's just another step down on the slippery slope to national distruction.
> >I'm not being negative, just realistic.  It's another day to mourn in the
> >U.S.
> >     Mark my words, the time will come in North America when it will be a
> >criminal to be a Christian.  So let's wake up and let the Lord strengthen
> >you for the times to come.
> >
> >Vinny

Brad

   FREE  & Talking Classifieds available at:
HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Connecting people's goods  with the good people of NW Wisconsin and
Greater Twin Cities!