ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:46:02 -0600
Kathy,

I know I'd be wondering myself as well if it were my kiddo. But I think the
intensity of that will wear down some. Sounds as though you are able to
turn the pages to a new chapter. God's peace to you guys, you certainly
deserve a  mother's portion of it *smile*.

Brad
1

At 09:49 AM 11/3/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Oh Brad,
>You are so right.  Oddly enough, the thing that I have found hardest
>to adjust too is not spending so much mental energy on wondering
>where in the world he is or what he is up too.  Otherwise, the
>freedom that I am experiencing is wonderful.  As far as Chris's
>asking for things, Greg and I have already decided that we will not
>give him any money and let him experience the consequences of his
>poor choices.  If he has no money because he has blown it on
>cigarettes, too bad.  The one thing that Greg is still willing to do
>is provide a ride from Chris's school to his therapists appointments,
>if he asks.  He has an appointment today and, so far, he has not
>asked.  I don't know what Chris's plans are.  If he skips, he is in
>violation of his probation, but that is his headache.  I do know that
>he made it to his probation appointment yesterday because he called
>me, from there, to ask what his cell phone number is.  Like she'll be
>able to reach him on that.  All he    has is a track phone and I'm
>sure that he is planning on using up all of his minutes talking to
>Nicki.  We bought him 200 minutes for his birthday, but that's not
>much time when you are talking LOVE!  Oh well, he is still in God's
>hands even though he is out of ours.  God's ideas for Chris are
>usually much more creative anyway so I'll leave him to it.
>Kathy
>

>At 05:29 PM 11/2/2005, you wrote:
> >Kathy,
> >
> >Ned has got a very important point. A new relationship with Chris. No
> >longer do you need to watchdog him, protect him, or all those things that
> >seem necessary when they are under your roof. Of course  even in adult
> >parent/children relationships there are advices and opinions given and etc.
> >but you  and Chris will indeed embark on a new relationship level which he
> >will likely begin the long trip of finding out that mom and dad weren't
> >just blowing their horn, and he will find out that the older he gets, the
> >smarter you guys become. Nonetheless it is not easy to watch from a
> >distance, but you've done your part to this point, you've gone far beyond
> >what many parents would, you've given him positive and righteous examples
> >in which to model his life after, you've exposed him to godly precepts and
> >encouraged him in God, you'[ve provided for his needs, you've tried to give
> >him rope enough as he approached adulthood in age that he might take the
> >opportunity to make the right choices in life. You  have done well and have
> >taken it as far as Chris will allow you to. Even we, as God's children, can
> >snuff out his will for us and we can go off and do our own thing. That is
> >the greatness of the gift of a free will, free to choose right and wrong.
> >It is time to gather up the rest of the chicks in the nest and show them
> >the peace and security they've been somewhat robbed of these past couple
> [...]

Brad

   FREE classified ads at HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Try our "Talking Classifieds". Serving NW Wisconsin & Greater Twin Cities
area!