C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:52:28 -1000
Hope everyone is having a good summer. I wrote and voted for Josh
Blue and he sent me a thank you. Coool.
Has anyone had experience with shooting pain from your knee down the
front of your leg? Case says it feels like it is in the bone and is
mostly caused by weight bearing and is one reason he falls so much.
He says sometimes the pain stops mid leg and sometimes it continues
to his foot. He describes it as like a bee sting.
I got him some great knee pads. Don't know if anyone has tried them
but they are for volleyball, also the best part only $9 , and they
seem to really help but he has not had them on for a while. After he
wore them a few days it went a way but it's back cause he is so tight
right now. He's asleep but is looking forward to writing in the morning.
This is an aside but his father broke his femur and was in a
wheelchair for a few days and could not believe how rudely people
treated him. Someone cut in front of him to go to the handicapped
spot in the bathroom and at the restaurant they had stuff stacked on
the wheelchair ramp and also told him he could not use the
handicapped parking even though half the family was disabled. He
reported the restaurant and found out Lockyear had sued that town for
not being in compliance with disabled services. It's I think Del Mar,
CA where they were vacationing when my son, Case's father broke his
femur.  Now my son is angry and says he is going to be active in the
movement for rights. He can't believe how hard it is to open doors
and get around.
Case is ho hum about it and says yeah dad try it every day of your life.