From:
Frederick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:46:58 -0800
Hi Fred,
    Personally I found it handy to switch from the list view to the index
view.  To do this you will need to use the JAWS cursor when in the main
window.  Just left click on index view and it switches all of that confusing
long list in to nicely sorted folders.  Then in your main level you can use
the PC cursor to arrow up an down to check out the selections depending on
what level you are on in the file tree you eighter right arrow to open the
next level of folders or left arrow to close the level you are in.
on the main level you will see a list of folders like this.
Locations closed
NodeTypes closed
Alarms
New
Favorites

Now in the list above you will see that 2 of the items say closed.  If you
were in echolink you would arrow to one of these and press the right arrow
and then down arrow to see the new selections that opened.
    On the other 3 in the list above there no more levels to open so to
access one of these items you press the tab key, and to leave the list press
the shift tab.

I am particularly fond of the favorites list.  I have my system set to add
every station I connect with to the favorites list, but you can also do copy
and paste to add only the stations you want to this list.
    The alarm list is handy for adding your friends to
how ever it has an annoying habit of flashing a message on the screen every
time a friend logs on or off from Echo link.
    I find that by using the folders that I can quickly find the region of
the world I'm interested in with out happening to get lost in all the other
fine folks.
    I hope this is of help!
                    God bless,
                    Mark WZ0K
God loves you!
My personal prayer book.
Add your prayer or pray for others at the following link.
http://prayerbook.homewithgod.com/cgi-bin/prayerbook/multi.pl?131961113534708:24:0

http://lists.topica.com/lists/funhamradio.

http://funhamradio.bloki.com