From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:57:54 -0500
dipole can be made of many different kinds of wire from light wire that's
hard to see to heavier wire which will stand up to more and some like the
G5RV will get you out on most bands if you have the room, I have mine all
over the  yard and when I go on vacation I have a yoyo antenna I use which I
run all over the place as well and that all you can really see is the yoyo
portions of them. that's more of a portable antenna though, the G5RV and
similar antenna, van Gordon makes a few, and others, are probably the best
way to go as far as not being noticed. Verticals are nice but pick up more
noise and can generate more RFI.