From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:03:16 -0500
Hi Brian.

The basic computer should do the job, but there are a couple of things you
might have to take into consideration.  First, what are you using for video
settings.  I presume that you are running an SVGA video card, but the
resolution may affect the software, so try to put it on on one of the
higher resolution settings like 1024x768 or 800x600, especially if it was
on 640x480.

Also, the computer may be fine, but if you are using is only a VGA, then
the software may pick that up and generate an error like that.  Every once
in a while, I run across a JAWS installation that doesn't want to read pull
down menus or icons on the desktop, and pretty frequently the culprit turns
out to be an old VGA monitor that forced Windows back to 16 color and
640x480 resolution.

Good luck.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 09:44 PM 11/24/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Maybe I am missing something here?  I went to the common web site for
>downloading manuals for blind people.  The ts-480 manual doesn't seem to
>really contain much??  Am I all wet on this or right?
>
>  The rcp-480 software also tells me it needs SVGA resolution.  My computer I
>am attempting to download the ts-480 software on is a p2-266.  Anybody else
>seen either of these things?
>
>Brian, k5in

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK