From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:45:36 -0500
Hi everyone, I have posted this issue to the blind-l list, and am still
trying to figure out this problem out.  I currently am getting to this
E-mail account here via a telnet connection, and I have always found it to
be very helpful, especially when I am not at my home PC and I want to
access my mail from some place else.  However, I have had a problem when
telneting in to this account from home and sometimes when I am in Pine.
What is happening is is that after a period of inactivity this connection
will stop responding to my commands, and all of the rest of my Internet
connections are wroking fine.  I have done a ping and a tracerout to this
ISP I am posting from now, but with no luck.  I don't have this problem
from other computers like at work, but this only appears to be a Pine
issue.  Also, I am telneting into here from Comcast, and I am wondering if
this may be part of the problem?  Also, does anyone know of other telnet
cites I could try out and compare to this one?