From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:15:34 -0500
Fred,

Didn't reply earlier since I'm no digital guru, but have played a bit with
it with varying amounts of success with my  TS-2000.

Have you looked at Digitalk?   It's a psk program for the blind.  Has it's
own voice so works independent of  a screen reader.  Uses left and right
arrow keys to tune  signals, so no mouse needed.  The program  works, but
it's not my favorite.  A bit  awkward to use.

You can get af audio to  drive the sound card from  acc-2  13 pin din jack
on the back of the 2000.  Menu 50 c  controls  the level independent of the
rigs main volume control.

I've had limited success with Digipan for psk and MMTTY for rtty.  Had used
both of these when I  had usable sight.         Problem now is getting jaws
to read  incoming text  consistantly, no problems with the 2000 for either
tx or rx.

If you try rtty, I've found it easier to tune in  signals  using fsk rather
than afsk.   The fsk setting on the 2000 lets you use the narrow  filters.
If you can hear him  with the narrow filter, you  may just need a  little
tweak on the vfo to get good print.   If running afsk, you are using the
wider ssb filters and it's  a lot harder to  tune in a  signal without being
able to see the tuning  thing on the pc monitor.

Have fun,
Steve KW3A