From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:25:06 -0400
Toni,

Not only does a power supply handle more current than an adaptor, but the
power supply is also regulated.  This means that it will produce 13.8 volts
regardless of the current draw.  Adaptors are usually not regulated, so
even if you could find one that has the current capacity, it probably
wouldn't work because the voltage would change under load.

Steve