Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"C. Kuni" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:34:02 -0800
I am really new to this diet and I'm trying to learn as much as I can.  So
of course Audette's "Neanderthin" was on my reading list.  I'm just a little
ways into the book at this point, but some of his errors are making it hard
for me to keep reading.  I am not a scientist, but I am well-educated, and
when I find questionable information,  I wonder what misinformation I'm
*not* finding. Can I trust this author?  So far, the errors* that irked me
most really had nothing to do with the diet itself, so maybe I should just
forge ahead.  What is the general opinion here of this book?
Thanks, Cynthia

*Examples:
-p.26 states that herbivores do not display sophisticated moral behavior, as
do pack carnivores such as wolves and humans.  However, African elephants
have been observed attempting to "rescue" an injured companion by
cooperatively lifting her on either side. They also appear to mourn their
dead.  Prairie dogs and other herbivores that live in groups certainly
display a degree of cooperation comparable to wolves.  His point is about
our bigger brains, but I think he takes it further than good science allows.
-p. 27 states that the appendix is a lymph node.  The appendix is a little
pouch; a lymph node is a complex filtering structure of tissue filled with
lymphocytes.