NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
J Balbirnie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:25:52 -0400
Other brands of so called dairy free cheeses contain casein (a milk protein) this is the product that my boys react anaphylactically to.  Tofutti has never used casein in any of their products.  It is a kosher certified facility and nothing that they mfg uses animal products.  perhaps you may be thinking of a brand called soya kaas or soymage (they both make NASTY tasting casein free cheese but also mfg a dairy free version that contain the milk protein casein.  You should contact Tofutti or check their website.  I live here in NJ and they are located in Cranford NJ and have always been ( to my knowledge-- at least the last 10 years) parve on all products they mfg.  They make a great frozen pizza too
Beth