ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:48:35 -0600
After a full week, I finally heard from George today.  His wife doesn't know
he called, of course, but between his oldest sister, is only living
remaining family member, and me, he has decided to go to a local mental
health hospital.  George is about the worst I have ever seen him in the two
years I have known him.  Frankly, his wife is still treating him as if he
were a little boy.  She even called him at home today to see if he needed a
hair cut.  when he asked why she was asking, she informed him that he was
going to work Monday.  George cannot even drive right now he is so bad again
yet she requires he go back to work.  Most of his medication has run out so
at least now maybe this aspect of his condition can be taken care of.  I
asked who was taking him to the mental health facility and he said his wife
but he had not asked her to take him yet.  That isn't going to go over too
well when she gets home.  George is receiving absolutely no local support
from anybody in that small town where he lives.  When your daughters has
died in recent months and your own wife doesn't support you, she claims to
be completely over their daughter's death and healed by God, you are in
trouble.  Did I ever mention that she also believes, and has said so
publicly, that God did not keep his promises about her daughter so she will
never ask Him for anything again?  Does that sound like a healed person to
you?  It sounds like a very wounded and hurting person to me but then what
do I know.  Anyhow, they both need prayer so keep them in mind, when you
think about them, because I want to see the Lord fix this thing from both
sides for His honor and glory.  He emailed me late this afternoon and based
upon what he said he was going to do, I had to threaten to call 9 11 so he
called to tell me he wouldn't hurt himself, although, hurt wasn't what he
was referring to at the time.  He told me just a minute ago that he feels
like a throw away.  I told him that he had too many people who loved him, at
least on echurch and at my house, so he in no way was a throw away.  He
said, I wish I would have never left your home.  I said he was welcome back
at any time but he has to get things stabilized first.  Remember?  George
led a 21 year old young man to the Lord in this same mental health facility
the last time he was admitted.  Not bad for being crazy, if you ask me.  The
devil can climb a long rope as far as I am concerned, but that isn't the way
the saying actually goes.

Phil.