From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:37:42 +0300
Seems like some heat problem. Not CPU or if You have
video card with fan not video card. PSU, controller chip
on MB - depending where it located. Or it could be
overheating HD. Last one could be easy to detect
if it possible some relocation of HD.  There is
also program HDD Thermometer
http://www.rsdsoft.com/hdd-thermometer/index.php
I don't use it because my drive don't support it.
Freeware but requires registration so using
throwaway e-mail account is recommended.

What I forget last time there is SMART monitoring
freeware program 'HDD Health'. Works with my ATA
drives but I'm not sure about SATA. I think it could be
useful for troubleshooting if it is compatible.
http://www.panterasoft.com/

Toomas