RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 23:50:13 -0500
>Though it may seem impossible, hundreds of people have already made the
>transition to 100% raw by reading our book.

I will be interested to hear if you do any follow-up studies. STARTING a
raw-food diet is nothing. The test of time is what counts. Many people,
including those we have seen in the Natural Hygien M2M, have been quite
enthusiastic about their raw-food diets at first, only to see their health
go downhill over lengthier periods of time. We have had discussions about
this before on Veg-Raw, and the consensus seems to be that over lengthier
periods of time maybe 10%, maybe somewhat more at most, are able to stick
with their raw-food diets over time, and/or if they do, remain healthy.
Perhaps you will be fortunate enough to be one of those 10

But the NFL group-mind is young, arrogant, and full of hubris, as we see here:

>We receive hundreds of letters and e-mails every day.  We are now in the
>process of putting together an album of all the most interesting comments
>concerning our ideology and our book. We will have it at all of our
>appearances for anyone that would like to look through.

>Some of the most interesting comments thus far have come from: Steve Jobs,
>Tony Robbins, Col. J.D. Barkley, Helmut Wandmaker, Don Meritsky, Roe Gallo,
>Robin Gibb, T.C. Fry, Rene Beresford, Ryan Vallee, Axel Makaroff, Morris
>Blaze, Joe Alexander, Phyllis Avery, Ric Lambart, Dan Millman, Hans Reusch,
>Hillary Clinton, Geoff Tate, Charles Manson!, and many others.

It is interesting how in lieu of responding with anything substantive about
the scientific and evolutionary evidence for tool-use and flesh
consumption, the NFL group-mind collective instead beats its chest over a
popularity contest and drops a few famous names. Evasion of the issues
always impresses people considerably fellas. But undoubtedly there's some
protection for the ego in numbers. Enjoy your insulation in that group
identity of yours and in those famous names. After all, that way you don't
have to sign your own personal name to an opinion and be individually
accountable for it.

But also remember that until you step out as individuals, it's much less
likely you'll be given the respect and deference normally extended to
people who we can see are real human beings. Your lack of a warm welcome
and being used for target practice here is no accident, and I would imagine
you can expect the hostility to continue until you chill out and start
presenting yourselves as three human beings we might actually like to get
to know. Right now, I see very little reason to think that you are.

But go ahead, make my day: make me think otherwise--hell, make us *all*
think otherwise. :-) If not, well, you can probably expect more of the same
of what you've been getting here on Veg-Raw, until we get tired enough of
the easy pickins we don't even bother any more.

--Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> Wichita, KS