From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:06:40 -0700
I hope that you are using a Router with a built in firewall. If not, you are
wide open for whatever comes your way.

At least you seem to be halfway there in your desire to share files between
both computers. The wireless computer seems to not be seen by the other
computer.

You might as well check both computers as it only takes a few minutes each.
With both computers on, go to control panel/network connections/properties
of connection and verify that both 'client for Microsoft network" and 'file
and printer sharing for Microsoft network' are installed. To then check on
LAN under network places go to entire network/Microsoft windows network/
your workgroup and all computers on the LAN should be indicated.

Hope this helps. I know you have been working on this for some time. Good
luck.

Tom Mayer

I disabled windows firewall on both computers, and turned off norton
internet security. On one computer under my newtwork places, and view
network computers
both computer show up on the wireless computer, but the other computer shows
nothing under my network places.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>