BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:16:35 -0500
>>We don't even mind if you want to come and build or buy a
house and become a permanent, contributing member of our community--but
don't move in because you like the rural way of life and then complain
because the roads aren't paved, there are no streetlights, the church
bell
rings on Sunday morning and the neighbors cows or hogs or dogs come over
for a visit every now and again--that's just the way things are in
Vermont,
or the way they're SUPPOSED to be.  Ruth<<

Let's hope things can stay that way for a long time! Here in the cow
belt of Ohio we are working on programs to protect farmland from
developers who build McMansions for folks who move in and complain about
the "foul odors" coming from the fields during manure spreading. We call
that the "sweet smell of success" and are always amused by the fact that
it's part of what puts food on the tables of the people complaining
about the smell. They of course think food comes from the grocery store.

Rudy