BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:41:04 -0800
I was surprised to find TWO  people who were interested in this booklet.  I
thought I'd be lucky to find anyone who would take it off my hands.  I
appears to be a souvenier type of thing, probably someone in the family
passed through there at some point.

It is all photos with captions, no text to amount to anything.  I would be
interested to know if these buildings are still there, they are absolutely
gorgeous!!

So here's what I'm gonna do.  I'll print out the captions, if anyone wants
the photo I'll see if I can scan and send before I send the booklet off to
Rudy.

Inside front cover is a map showing the various annexations and the dates.

PG 2 & 3:  several pictures of Cleveland in 1830s

PG 4 & 5:  more pictures of Cleveland in 1830s, 60s and 70s

PG 6 & 7:  pictures of early buildings and old maps of Cleveland

PG 8:        picture of city from rooftop

PG 9:      Cuyahoga County Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument
          This is a fabulous building

PG 10:   Shaker Lake

PG 11:   Wade Park

PG 12:           Scenery

PG 13:   Gordon Park

PG 14:   general views of city

PG 15:   Cleveland Viaduct

PG  16:  Views of various parks

PG  17:  The Rose Building, The Williamson Building, Chamber of Commerce
Building

PG  18:  Case Library, City Hall & The Garfield Building

PG  19:     Society for Savings Building & New England Building

PG  20:  Jewish Temple & Masonic Temple

PG  21:  Charity Hospital & Western Reserve Midical College

PG  22:  Catholic Cathedral & The Arcade

PG  23:  Pilgrim Congregational Church, Epworth Memorial Church, Y.M.C.A.
Building, First
                 Congregational Church & Church of the Epiphany

PG  24:          Bond Street, Cleveland Grays' Armory & The Hickox Building

PG  25:  Jewish Orphan Asylum, U. S. Marine Hospital, New Armory of the
Ohio National

                 Guard, Huron Street Hopital and Medical College,
Protestant Orphan Asylum &

                 Lakeside    Hospital

PG  26:  Euclid Ave

PG  27:  Adelbert College & Women's College

PG  28:  Euclid Avenue M. E. Church, Central High Scool, Second Baptist
Church, South
                 High School, West High School, Ursuline Convent & Case
School of Applied
                 Science

PG  29:  Plymouth Congregational Church, St. Michael's Catholic Church,
First Methodist
                 Church, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, First Baptist Church
& Old Stone Church

PG  30:  Garfield Cemetery & The Garfield Memorial--unusual memorial

PG  31:  Riverside Cemetery & Lake View Park

PG  32:          Various views of docks

PG  33:  Views of the Lake

PG  34:  Scenery

Inside back cover:  Sunset on Lke Erie

So there you have it folks, I hope some of those great old buildings are
still in existance.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT