From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:51:08 -0600
Thanks for the information.  I will think about it over the
winter.  Got the 40 double extended zepp up and running, reasonably
well.  took the balun apart, and tightened the screws.  Found that my
buzzing interference is coming from inside the house, maybe on the
same circuit that the station is on.
Unfortunately I eliminated it by turning off and on each circuit in
the house, but now I can't get the noise to return.  So it's source
is still in question.
Grounded the masts and extended the ground wire.
So for better or worse, will wait until spring, take down the old ten
foot tri--pod, put up a new one and go from scratch then.  Maybe a
windom, with  of rubber sealant, maybe one of those w9inn 160-40
antennas, with the hf5 for the higher bands, maybe just what we have
now, maybe rehabilitate the butternut, the winter to think plan
research, and imagine.  And best of all not a lick of real work that
actually needs to be done.
Sounds like perfect radio project.
lots