From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:12:48 -0700
Dorothy Jones wrote;
>Winldra
>This program caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at
00:00000013

This little critter is a Trojan and should be deleted as soon as possible by
whatever means it takes. It has many names and the most common association
is to the Backdoor.Nibu.N and other Backdoor Trojans. There are other
designations other than ".N".

Backdoor.Nibu.N is a Trojan horse that opens a back door on a compromised
computer and blocks access to security-related Web sites. It also runs a
keylogger, periodically sending the stolen information to a predetermined
email address. It also adds a string to the registry so it starts every time
the computer starts. It keeps track of every key stroke in a file and
gathers vital information on such things as passwords and bank information.
In short, this is one program that can lead to identity theft. You can read
more about this bad boy at Symantec's web site. http://tinyurl.com/b66qg

If you don't have a running anti virus program in place I would suggest
getting one and keeping the definitions up to date. There are other things
that can be done to close known ports on a system which include but are not
limited to installing a firewall. These programs may be free or have a cost
associated with them. I prefer getting the best and keeping my vital
information secure so I invest in various programs to accomplish this.

You may want to go to this site and run the virus program to rid yourself if
the Trojan. http://www.avast.com/ Use the Virus Cleaner. It's free.

Let's discuss Invalid Page Faults;

A page fault that produces an error. Page fault errors can occur for any of
the following reasons:
The virtual memory system becomes unstable due to a shortage of physical
memory (RAM).
The virtual memory system becomes unstable due to a shortage of free disk
space.
The virtual memory area is corrupted by a misbehaving application.
An application attempts to access data that is being modified by another
running application.
The first two causes are the most common. These conditions can also cause a
general protection fault (GPF).

An invalid page fault is also called a page fault error (PFE).

This may be caused by the Trojan and or the Operating System is corrupt.

Stack Faults;
Stack Faults occur if a program refers to a memory address that is beyond
the limit of a stack segment. Most of these, therefore, are actual program
bugs and, more often than not, the solution is to update some program or
module.

For more detailed information you may read about it here.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=189952

My suggestion would be to extract all vital and important information and
re-install the Operating System. I realize this may be a big task however in
my experience there are times where you have no choice. In your case if you
can't remove the Trojan and any other viruses or malware, this may be the
only alternative.

In any case, this should be enough information to get you started. On a side
note I would recommend a good Anti Virus and Firewall program to help keep
you're computer safe.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0542-5, 10/21/2005
Tested on: 10/21/2005 9:10:48 AM

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com