From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 00:08:05 +0100
On Apr 09, 2006, at 12:56 pm, michael raiti wrote:

> A suggestion for baking is duck and goose fat.  I find
> those fats to particularly work well with meats that
> have a skin like chicken and turkey.  It works better
> than butter with sealing in the juices resulting in
> the meat coming out very tender.

Hi Mike

I'm still looking for a way to cook duck without all the fat
melting.  You can't blast it because the inside doesn't get done, but
low temperatures still seem to melt the fat before the meat gets
done.  Have you ever tried this, or is the only way to let it run off
and use it somewhere else (maybe just poured on the veg?)

Ashley