ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:18:12 -0800
This is what is bad about competition.  With God there is no normality, all
are unique and are special and are loved for their uniqueness not for our
similarity.  I would agree if we threw parties for losers of competitions
and stressed the advantages of failing such as the lessons failure can
teach. This is not the way competitions are run.  How much does success
breed humility, and how much does society pries those who fail even if they
do try again.  Their measure is taken when and only if they succeed in the
end.  AS I have said, this view is mine and not the view of all.  St. Paul
speaks of running the race of faith, but in other passages he makes it clear
it is not he who does the work but Our Lord working within him.  If Our Lord
runs the race for and with us we must win because he finished the race
before us on calvery.  In fact if we place our complete trust in the work he
has already done for us we shall surely finish the course successfully.
Even then, I don't think St. Paul was speaking of pitting our running the
race against other believers but against the devil, and even then there is
no competition because the devil has already lost the competition with
Christ's sacrifice on calvory.